Wednesday, February 29, 2012

See ya February



We had a great February that ended not so great. I just found out today that it's almost certain that my cat that I've had for 13 years has colon cancer and that she isn't going to be around very long. This really sucks for me because this cat, like my dog Rudy, has lived with me EVERYWHERE over the past 13 years. El Campo, College Station, El Campo again, Waco, El Campo again, San Antonio, El Campo one last time, and Fredericksburg. I don't want to think about missing her because she's been such a fixture in my life and my 3 kids absolutely love her. We find out Friday for sure that it's colon cancer and we've already started some medication to help make her more comfortable and that's the plan, just keep her comfortable for as long as she's happy and eating.

Back to the great part of February. We've had nice weather mixed in with cold weather and there has been a ton of outside play as a result - especially on the trampoline. We get home and Wyatt walks to the front door and points out and "talks" about going outside. He LOVES it. My Uncle Bill won a picnic table at a raffle and gave it to us to use which has been great! Addison loves to use it to sort her flowers that she's picked from the yard. Nora loves to stand on it to wait for her turn on the horse tire swing. We've used it for people to eat on too! On President's Day the kids schools were closed so we stayed home and I finally got my hammock up! The girls thought it made a great tent but then started swinging on top of it with me too. Can't wait for the warm weather so I can really enjoy it!

This past weekend we went to the St. Philip's dinner dance which was a ton of fun and I actually WON a prize! I am the proud new owner of an awesome new patio set! I'll post a picture when I get the rest of it up here from El Campo - I wasn't planning on taking back a patio set but am happy to do it in pieces.

The special surprise in February was the "snow" that we got early in the month. We came out of church and it started falling. By the time we got home and changed into warm outside clothes it had stopped falling but had coated the yard and trampoline quite nicely. We had a fun time playing in the yard and on the trampoline. Nora finally got her "Christmas snow" - it was just a few months later than she wanted.





No comments:

Post a Comment