Oh how I've dreaded this day - Wyatt couldn't possibly be one already?!! Ever since I found out I was pregnant with Wyatt there's been a constant struggle for me to remember to stop and enjoy whatever it is that was happening rather than hurrying through life trying to take care of everything that's needed to be done. Between raising two girls, getting a house on the market, wrapping up my job in San Antonio, selling the house, completely re-doing and updating the house we moved into, unpacking the entire house while Chris worked, getting the kids settled in new schools and new activities, and getting my own work schedule down, I feel like I'm losing the battle more often than winning it. I think God knew I needed help and so he gave me the sweetest little boy in the world who is ALWAYS happy and so easy going. Sometimes I wish he'd be a bit more demanding so I wouldn't have any option but to pay more attention to him - and on rare occasion this happens. Now don't get me wrong, the kid isn't a silent lump. He's full of personality and love, and boy do I love to cuddle and love on him! Lately he's started to give really big strong hugs around my neck - it's an extra squeeze of love and I just can't get enough of him. I'm in denial that he isn't officially a baby anymore. I recently put his swing up in the closet and brought the play tool/work bench out of storage. He LOVES it! We got a trampoline for his and Nora's birthday and while he is certainly too little to be on it with the big kids by himself, he absolutely loves to be in there walking and bouncing around. He walks absolutely everywhere these days, but I still carry him every chance I get! I figure I better do that as long as he'll let me because I know all to well that the day will come when that will not be a preferred option for transporation:-( His beautiful eyes and sweet smile light up the mornings for me and this is when he has his best conversations. Chris likes to say that he's practicing saying every single "word" he knows and sometimes I think that is what he's doing! Anyone can see he's a very good eater, he especially enjoyed his cake! I can't pick just a few photos to post so I'm going to be ridiculos and post the link to the about 250 or so photos we took on his birthday last Friday and at his birthday party Saturday. I love this little guy and his sisters more than life itself. Happy Birthday Wyatt! I'm looking forward to many more amazing years:-)
![]() |
| Wyatt's first birthday |

No comments:
Post a Comment