Thursday, January 13, 2011

Poor Middle Child!

Our poor Nora, no matter how hard her mommy tries to not "middle child" her, it just seems to happen. Over the New Year weekend I decided to take a stab at the 3 day potty training thing in hopes that I could have her out of diapers before Wyatt gets here. She had expressed interest in flushing the potty and had even gone a few times randomly, but since she wasn't even two and with all the changes going around in the household I wasn't going to be disappointed if it didn't work. On Friday after the third pair of panties were soaked, Chris was convinced I was pushing things and that she wasn't ready. Saturday was a different story - one accident in the morning and then everything "clicked" that afternoon. Other than several false alarms due to her difficulty/inability to tell the difference between the need to toot and the need to go number 2, she's been an absolute CHAMP!! I was nervous about her continued success at school. No need to worry though - there's only been one accident at school and her main teacher is convinced that the ladies in the afternoon just weren't paying attention to her when she expressed the need to go. Nora is VERY clear when she needs to go. Her eyes get big, she grabs her crotch and starts walking like a bow legged cowboy and announces "T T Potty" or "Poo Poo Potty." She's also really good at holding it if we are in the car! I'm hopeful that she doesn't backslide when the baby is born. They are transitioning her to the next class room at school and she hasn't missed a beat so I'm taking that as a good sign. She's such a sweet, loving, patient, smart little girl. I don't think she could ever possibly get lost or overlooked in the mix but I'm going to have to make sure that she always gets the praise she deserves:-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Nora! (And for you!) That'll make things a lot easier! Good luck with Wyatt, I know you're getting close, and it doesn't look like we'll be too far behind you!

    ReplyDelete