(I originally started this post over a week ago - fitting that I'm just now getting back to it!) With so much going on around the holidays I don't get in all my "post worthy" pictures and stories, but I'm going to attempt a quick catch up tonight. Addie continues to amaze me daily. Whether it's "reading" Where the Wild Things Are (she knows almost every word in the book), randomly quoting Cinderella ("Momma, it broke into a thousand pieces" she informed me this morning on the way to school. I quickly agreed and was clueless until this evening as we were reading Cinderella I read the line where the evil stepmother tripped the guy with the shoe), being super sweet to her sister (Nora got her first taste of a sucker this evening. At least it was organic. That makes it better, right?), singing Spanish songs that I don't understand but her dad does, or just showing her spunky little personality, "I'm a beautiful princess with radient blonde hair, right my Mommy?" That's one of her things these past several months. When she's buttering me up I'm "my Mommy" and when she's pouring it on thick with Chris he's "my Da da." Nora is getting BIG. I'm going to weigh and measure her some time this week so I can record her 10 month old stats in her baby book. This week every time I hold her I realize just how big my baby has gotten. She is an amazingly happy go lucky child- pure sunshine. She's "communicating" non-stop and barking is a favorite method. So she looks really smart when you ask what a dog says because more often than not she's going to bark in excitement:-) She also moos and quacks. Actual English is being learned as well. She is actually starting to listen to instructions like "come here" and "lay down," but we're still working on an accurate response to "No, no."
Mmmmmmmmm......pie!!
Nora is the little Indian on the right.
Addie's daycare had their Thanksgiving feast the week before Thanksgiving. We went down to Houston to Chris' Aunt Clarice's house for lunch on Thanksgiving and Addie had a blast playing with her cousins, Caleb and Abigail, who she met for the first time. After a little black friday early morning shopping- my first attempt ever and really not that bad- we were out to the ranch for the remainder of the weekend to spend some time with Oma (who was sick on Thanksgiving day and so couldn't join us), Opa, Aunt Cassy and Aunt Courtney. Aunt Cassy shot an awesome buck that Addie and I helped "track" - it fell about 100 yards from where it was shot.

No comments:
Post a Comment