We had a hard working weekend full of cleaning and painting. It's amazing how quickly you get sore after 2 days of physical labor, especially when using your "painting muscles" which don't get used that way very often. On Saturday the girls stayed with Oma and Opa while Misty, Chris and I went to work painting. On Sunday the girls came with us for the morning. I graciously volunteered to entertain them while Chris finished staining the balcony and Misty put on a second coat of paint. Nora loves to be outside and was happy to pick up leaves while I was picking pecans. Addie loved picking pecans too but got a little confused and sometimes called them apricots and other times called them leprechaun (I had to spell check that word - don't think I've ever written or typed it before - very odd). She was certain that she liked how they tasted! It was really cute when Chris later cracked several of them for her and she stored them in her little pants pockets. Every now and then she'd sneak one out and eat it up, just like a little squirrel.







Even more fun was than picking pecans was running. We were taking a few pictures when Addie asked me, "Mommy, can I run to that tree?" There was pure joy on her face when I told her she could. She wasted no time, I think because she thought I might change my answer, and promptly took off to touch the tree. After only a moment's hesitation she ran back to me at full speed and almost knocked me over. This was repeated several times before she decided she needed a new direction to run in. Again, the cautious question, "Mommy, can I run over there?" I told her yes and the look on her face was like she just couldn't believe her luck. She took off again and after a few laps stopped only to pick a dandelion which she took delight in blowing to pieces. Then it was time for lunch so Chris took them to his parents house, fed them and put Addie down for a few hours nap while Misty and I continued the painting process. This was perfect timing though because it rained the rest of the day.
It'll be fun when Nora is running after Addie, and she keeps getting closer to this every day. She's standing and balancing on her own fairly well. Last Thursday after spending most of the day at home with me because she was running fever, Nora actually let go of the couch and took 2 steps my direction in a desperate attempt to make me pick her up. Chris and I both saw it and couldn't believe it. Needless to say there has not been a repeat since then. I don't think I'm ready for a 9+ month old to walk:-)
Nora is still working away at her little teeth. One other new development is the departure of "Baby Love" from our house. This was the kitten that I picked up off the road a few weeks ago. He's finally at his new home with Joanie Roome's mom. Addie was a little sad to see Baby Love (a name she gave him last week out of the blue) leave but it was certainly time for him to go!
The story of Addie asking for permission to run made me smile! How sweet! And God Bless you with another one about to walk....it will be crazy- but fun!
ReplyDelete