So I officially feel OLD having turned 30 this past Tuesday. I had a great birthday despite the number attached to it. Misty and Addison had flowers and a cookie cake for me when I went into the kitchen in the morning. I'm certain Addison was more exicted about "Mommy's happy birthday" than anyone else because for her it meant CAKE! We gave her a tiny piece of cookie cake with her pancakes. We took her dress off because the icing was green and foolishly went back to getting ourselves ready while Addie "ate breakfast." Moments later Misty called me into the kitchen and Addison was in the process of helping herself to as much of the iceing as she could shove into her mouth! She was really quite pleased with herself, even after she was caught. I had to take a few pictures of her in action so her daddy (who had an early morning meeting) could see her in action. - see below
Apparently the iceing made a big impression because as soon as Misty brought her home from school she ran into the kitchen asking for a "bigger piece of cake" so Misty gave her another small piece and then went to take Nora out of her carrier. Noticing that it was much too quiet, Misty went into the kitchen to find Addison. Despite the fact that Misty put the cake by the sink on the back part of the countertop, Addie had managed to open the dishwasher so that she could use the door as a stepping stool and somehow got the cake, removed the hard plastic cover, laid the cake nicely on the floor (with the plastic bottom still on), grabbed a dirty spoon out of the dishwasher and was just about to dig in when Misty caught her. I laughed so hard when I was told this story while driving home from work. That evening Chris brought home a delicious red velvet cake surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries - Addie and I were both huge fans. One little toe in the iceing and a few singed eyelashes from trying to blow out Mommy's candles later and Addie was ready for bed. She still has a little to learn though because after taking the first bite of her chocolate covered strawberry she promptly removed all the chocolate and didn't want it. Oh well, more for me! Nora was her usual sweet self that morning and evening - I think she knows what a handful her older sister is and is kindly giving us a break!
Happy late 30th birthday Gayle!!! It's not that bad. Your girls are precious and you have such a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteWhat a ham! At least you took her shirt off first! Glad you had a good birthday.
ReplyDeleteHey Gayle! Happy late birthday! How are things? The girls are beautiful, and so are you. Jaydon does the same thing with chocolate-covered strawberries. Since you're in SA, I'm not that far from you. I don't know what your summer schedule is like, but I'd love to get together, even if it is just for the day or lunch...I'll drive there - I miss you! (Thanks for posting to my blog...and be sure to check out Jaydon's!)
ReplyDelete