Monday, June 10, 2013

Coming Soon to our Family...Uncle Matthew!

Well, it's happened!  My baby sister is engaged!!  And in true Misty fashion (even though she didn't have anything to do with the planning), it couldn't be just any ordinary engagement, it had to be memorable and extraordinary!

Misty and Matthew started dating the month I had Wyatt, and much like my baby boy they have all done a lot of growing in the past two years!  He single-handedly turned my sister from an "I-don't-need-a-guy-to-make-me-happy" and "grandma-said-I-never-have-to-get-married" kind of girl, into a "I-can't-live-without-him, he's-home-to-me, I've-never-been-happier" kind of woman.  He's gone from a wide-eyed "OMG that's-a-lot-of-kids" (the first time he was at a family function around all 8 of our rowdy kids) and "no-pictures-please" kind of boy, into an "I-can-handle-this-crazy-family" and "I'll-smile-for-one-or-two-so-get-it-right" and "will-you-marry-me" kind of man.

It happened in St. Mark's Square, Venice, Italy - yep, that's what I'd expect for Misty's engagement:-)  And while the proposal was story book perfect from the attire, to the setting, to the ring, what I love most about Misty and Matthew is that while they have a love for the extraordinary, they both absolutely love the ordinary.  Fun for them is to just hang out with each other and friends at the lake, or shoot guns, or (for Misty) to paint or decorate or landscape.


Awww, how sweet!  A kiss on the cheek for our picture!


WHAT??


Love!



I couldn't be happier for the two of them, and while I'm certainly looking forward to the wedding, I'm kind of dreading the planning stage!! (think record number of possible ring bearers and flower girls)  I give 50/50 odds that we end up with a bridezilla!  At the end of the day though, I'm thrilled to be ending up with one more (and my final) brother.  Can't wait to see what the future has in store for them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment