
I used to hate sharing my actual birthday or even my birthday weekend with father's day when I was growing up. Now it's not such a big deal - not because I've grown up anymore but because Chris is such an amazing father that I really don't mind sharing that time. I put Baylor gear on the kids for some father's day pictures. Nora wasn't cooperating but Addie and Wyatt did a decent job of at least looking at the camera. There were actualy many pictures where Wyatt and Addie were both looking and smiling but Nora's face was typically no where to be seen in those shots - boo.
On Saturday the girls loved playing in their pool at Oma and Opas. Wyatt was giggling at first when I just dipped his toes in. I think it was more laughing at his sisters though, because as soon as he realized he was in cold water he did NOT appreciate it at all. I later tried to sit him on the little step and that really upset him. Guess he's more of a warm bathtub guy at this age, not so much an ice cold kiddy pool kid.
I thank God every day for all that he's given me in these 32 years, especially for my beautiful healthy children and their dad who I love so much! Funny thing is, now when it's my birthday I appreciate my own mom because now I know what she went through on that day and for the past 32 years! And of course on father's day I appreciate my own dad who has taught me so much about life. The main family trait I share with my dad is that neither one of us is ever wrong (really...it is just a blessing and a curse to be right ALL the time - ha ha). It works just fine until we disagree with each other:-) June has always been my favorite month of the year for so many reasons, having Chris and the kids just adds to that feeling!
Happy late Birthday Gayle!! Your kids are just too cute. My dad and I have the same problem about always being right. Ha!! It was great to see you and Chris at the wedding. I wish I could have visited more with you though. Glad to see all is well with your family.
ReplyDelete