When I picked up Addie and Nora from Concordia last Monday, Nora's teacher was informing me that she would be transitioning in a few weeks from her current room to the next room up for 18-24 month old kids. Addie asked me in the car if Nora was going to another baby room. I informed her that Nora was growing up to be a big girl and wouldn't be in the baby room anymore. Remembering what I had told her days before about us getting another baby when Nora became a big girl, Addie immedidately informed me, "Mommy, I want to keep this one. I want to keep this one for a very long time." When I asked her what this one was (not having clued in at this point and knowing to expect the unexpected with Addie). As I turned around to look, Addie was pointing at Nora, "This one."
I had to laugh as I explained that we would keep Nora forever which is a very very very long time. After this sunk in she looked at me very seriously and told me that a new baby "can't sit here" while pointing at Nora's seat. I assured her that any new baby would have its own seat right by Nora and that we would still keep Addie and Nora but we will just have one more baby as well. We haven't acutally explained to the girls that another baby is on the way yet because they are still so young and likely won't understand. Once I get a real belly it will be easier to explain I think. We've just been asking general questions about another baby. The great thing is that this new babay certainly has a big sister who will look out for him/her, and it was so sweet to see just how much she loves Nora!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too cute!
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet!
ReplyDelete