The decision to start a new business can feel like this...
But having actually taken the plunge I now feel like I'm running free! A lot closer to this...
But having actually taken the plunge I now feel like I'm running free! A lot closer to this...
I've dedicated the past 6 years to growing babies and raising kids, and they are my greatest achievement and works-in-progress all wrapped up into one!! What I haven't been doing a very good job of in that time period is taking care of myself. Not that I've been completely prohibited from doing fun things for myself and splurging every now and then, but certainly my primary focus hasn't been on myself. I personally don't think any mom's focus should be entirely on herself (which sadly I see every now and then) but at the same time I think it's NOT a good thing to have virtually no focus on myself (which I see much more often with moms).
Sacrifices in our social calendars are to be expected, and happily are filled with much more fulfilling time with family:-) But looking back at my pregnancy pictures from 6 years ago and looking in the mirror today, I think, good Lord - have I really changed THAT MUCH!! My professional career also took a path not originally planned due to kids - which has turned out to be such a blessing! Instead of working like crazy leading up to trial and traveling all over our great state, I have regular office hours and limited travel and a much less hostile line of work:-) But I also gave up the potential to "make it big" with that once-in-a-lifetime case. The amazing feeling of "This could be the one!" doesn't really occur with estate planning, probates and business law.
I've been blessed though, I've found a way to combine taking time to care for myself with a business that has the financial potential which resoundingly gives me the feeling of "This is the one!" It's now my "job" to take care of my skin! My final goal hasn't been reached, but I'm pretty pumped that I have results that I can see after only 3 weeks on Rodan+Fields Reverse and after 1 week of using the Anti-Age Eye Cream!



No comments:
Post a Comment