Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FIESTA!!!

So I'm a little late posting this but better late than never. The kids were in the annual Fiesta Parade at school and they all did great jobs. Each class room dresses in a certain theme. There are kings & queens, 50's, parade floats (decorated wagons), spurs fans, surfers, dancers and so much more. Addie's class dressed as cowgirls and cowboys. We had to buy new boots (which she was SOOO proud of) because she'd outgrown her old ones. First they walked with flags and then the second round they threw candy from bags.





This is important to note because little Nora was an "Extra Spicy" (yes, they matched the names with the personalities - mild, sweet, spicy, extra-spicy) red pepper - and apparently she didn't want to be. To be fair, she did great until she saw me.



First round she just acted shy. My attempts to make her smile (sticking out my tongue at her) didn't get much of a result other than a shy look which I caught on camera. Soon she resorted to crying - this is so unlike her so I'm still not quite sure what happened.



The second round she was once again fine but when she saw me she started full on wailing.




After a quick hug and kiss to comfort her as best as I could, my extra-spicy, crying-red-pepper continued to trudge along with her class. Determined to get a smiling picture from my sweet girl I did the only thing I could think of - I bribed my kid with candy:-) After the 2nd round Addie had picked up a laffy taffy. I got the whole thing on video. She picks the candy up off the parade route, tries to open it, shows it to the teacher who tells her to save it for later, so of course she continues to open the candy at which time I stop recording and go get my girl.

I took her over to Nora, split the candy and like magic, I got smiles! Didn't get eye contact with the camera but that's ok, the smiles were enough.








And what about Wyatt in all of this?? Even the nursery participated. Unfortunately they had him laying down in the crib rather than in a bumbo. Oh well, he was still happy as can be and I got a few pics. All in all a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment