So now that March is halfway over and I only have 3 more weeks of maternity leave (including this one)I thought I'd post an update of our February. Unfortunately February was not a very healthy month for the girls in this family. Fortunately the guys stayed well through it all! Literally most of February one or the other of us was sick. It started on the first day of February with Addie at home with a fever for a few days, then Nora got that bug which also lasted several days. After a day or so of Nora being well then I got a fever - ugggg! I was convinced Wyatt was going to get sick from me so I tried to only hold him to feed him and sanitized like crazy. Not too long after that Addie and Nora BOTH got a stomach bug (Addie's started late in the evening and Nora's the next morning). Now the stomach bug was a different ball game because when the girls had to go, they HAD to go and I was still restricted to lifting only 20 lbs or less. What's a girl to do knowing her husband had appointments all afternoon and could only stay that morning??? Call her mom, of course! Mom to the rescue!! I was still weak from the c-section and fever, never mind the weight restrictions. The morning went fine and then when my mom was there in the afternoon things got very BUSY! I won't get into the messy details but it certainly got messy. At one point I was cleaning the floor downstairs while mom was bathing the girls upstairs. Boy was I glad when it was over...but wait...Nora got round 2 of the stomach bug. Poor baby at one point had such bad stomach pains that she would cry and put her head on my shoulder while she was sitting on the potty, the she requested her pillow to put on my shoulder which of course I complied with because poor baby was moaning about how bad her tummy was hurting. I felt so helpless and was SOOOOO relieved when days later she was better. All she could eat were popsicles, bananas, crackers, jello and rice soup - each time we though she was better and tried something else we had problems. Here are pictures from the fever episodes (Addie doesn't look too sick but she was). There are NO pictures from the stomach bug episodes.
We managed to fit in some fun in the few days we were healthy (or mostly healthy - Nora started her second round of stomach bug on Wyatt's Baptism day).
We had a home photo session with Wyatt and a toe nail painting break in between takes!
We went to the San Antonio Livestock Show one afternoon.
We celebrated Valentine's Day!
The kids and I went to spend the night at Aunt Misty's and Joanie's home. That was Wyatt's first time to sleep away from home (since coming home from the hospital) and he did WONDERFUL!
Wyatt met the horses out at Luckenbach.
Wyatt got Baptized.
And we had an amazing weekend with Greg, Shauna, Lyndie and Gavin Key. We even made a trip to Sea World and got to try out the new "Bay of Play."
No comments:
Post a Comment