Both our girls are happy, healthy and growing every day. Nora is 8 months old today and is crawling and pulling up on everything. If you happen to be holding her and she sees the cat you better hold on tight because she is going to kick and twist while squealing with delight. She is such a loving baby and has nothing but smiles and laughs for everyone - until it's bedtime that is.







Poor little Nora would love to be held in our arms all night long and she is such a good cuddler. In the past few weeks Nora has gotten quite insistent on not being left alone at night once we put her down. After one particularly painful-to-listen-to crying bout I went upstairs to check on her and found my sweet sleeping baby gripping the rails on her crib while slumped forward in a sitting position. Chris and I repositioned her but took a few pictures first.
The past week and a half in San Antonio has had some much needed rain. This was good news for our grass and was especially good news for Addie as Grandma had given her a princess umbrella for a back to school gift. Aunt Courtney had given her a duck raincoat for her birthday, and she had just picked out some pink Minnie Mouse rainboots on a recent trip to the Disney Outlet in San Marcos. She was in heaven getting ready to go out the door to school the first day of the rain. We took some pictures when we got home - when it was no longer raining.
The biggest news in the past week and a half is Addie's decision that she wants to be potty trained. This literally was an overnight decision made one Saturday night after bathtime. Long story short - Brooke at school wears big girl panties and so now Addie Schoessow wears big girl panties. SO PROUD!!
Addison has also always been a little spoiled by the ladies at daycare. They love to play hairdresser with her in the afternoon (after nap time) and more days than not she comes home with product in her hair and a super cute hairdo. Here's just one example of what they can do:)
Finally, some pics of my girls playing together. This is what I've been looking forward to ever since I found out I was having another girl - evidence of that special sister bond! They are already conspiring against me too. Addie has started "lifting" Nora and rolling with her. I can say NO until I'm blue in the face but as long as Nora laughs 9 out of the 10 times Addie does this to her Addie is encouraged and continues to do this regardless of what I have to say. They really love each other and are so sweet to watch together. We really are blessed.
When Abbie was 8 months, we went through the same thing with her wanting to be held at night.
ReplyDeleteI love the body slam! Looks like it hurts! Nora looks like she can hold her own, though. She's getting so big! We really need to get together so the kids can play.
SO FREAKIN CUTE! I sure wish we were closer so Nora and Kelsi could play together!
ReplyDeleteYeh! for Addie on the potty training! We got Darcy out of diapers about a month ago, and it's so nice!
ReplyDelete